Before starting a Google AdWords campaign, I check the following:
- Does the website have Google Analytics running on it?
- Is the website responsive? In other words, does the website look good on a cellphone?
- Are there separate pages that deal with each product or service the company offers? Or is there only one overall information page?
- Are there clear goals or objectives for measuring the success of the site? For example, a sign-up form, contact query form, shopping cart, download PDF.
- Are there clear calls-to-action? In other words, are there prominent buttons or links in order to direct visitors to the relevant pages of the site in order to fulfil the website objectives e.g. Contact form, Request a Quote, Sign Up for Newsletter
If you are considering an AdWords campaign, are you able to answer Yes to all of the above?
If you have someone already running AdWords for you, have they made sure the above is done?
If you’re not sure how to check for the above, please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to review your website for free in terms of answering the above.